Do I need permission to apply for federal funding?

Do I need permission to apply for a federal or provincial grant?

All governmental agency funds awarded to researchers are administered by Dawson College, as is the case with all educational institutions involved in research.


Researchers should submit their application online through the Sharepoint Grants Management System. Clicking “Agree” on the first page indicates that you agree to comply with all Agency and Dawson policies regarding ethics approval, financial accountability and that your application is complete and accurate. The proposal will be forwarded to the Academic Dean for evaluation; s/he will ensure the proposal is consistent with Dawson College’s mission and indicates that the College will accept fiscal administration.


Some agencies and private funders do not require College approval for grant submission; however, the Research Office would like to track applications to these organizations. Please contact the Research Coordinator if you’re planning to submit an application, regardless of whether or not you need College approval.



Return to FAQ.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s