@ Dawson College
- What constitutes research?
- What kind of funding opportunities are there in Canada?
- I want to apply for a research grant from a federal/provincial agency. What should I do first?
- Who makes decisions about research at Dawson?
- I have a questions about research, who can I talk to?
- I’m unsure whether my project constitutes “research”. Who do I talk to?
- What is the Tri-Council? What is its role in Canadian research?
- What is the Research Ethics Board (R.E.B)?
- Do I need permission to apply for a federal or provincial grant?
- Am I eligible for release time?
- I have never written a grant before, where can I get help?
- I’d like to conduct a survey of my class as part of a teaching unit in my course. Do I need permission to do this?
- Someone has asked me to circulate information about a research study to my colleagues/students for purposes of recruiting study participants. Can I help them?
- My course requires to design and carry out a survey that involves the human participants, e.g., fellow students, Dawson faculty, professionals or staff, family or community members etc… Do I or my students need approval from the R.E.B?
- My department/program has asked me to research educational standards, practices, materials in our discipline, to inform efforts at program improvement/development. Do I need approval from the R.E.B?
- My research involves a questionnaire, and/or interviews with students/faculty/staff/key informants. Do I need approval from the R.E.B?
Return to Resources.